- Prof. Dr. med. Rüdiger Reer (AB Sports and Exercise Medicine) has been appointed to the Executive Committee of the European Federation of Sports Medicine Associations (EFSMA). The EFSMA is the official representative body of the 41 national sports medicine member organizations in Europe.
- Prof. Dr. Juliane Degner was appointed to the scientific advisory board of the police studies MEGAVO and INSIDER and is a member of the Task Force on Racism and Right-Wing Extremism of the Social Psychology Section of the German Association of Psychology.
- HIS friends` association at the Institute of Human Movement Science at the University of Hamburg (with the Hamburg Inline-Skating School) was founded out of the activities of the institute and organizes the transfer of teaching and research into practice.
- The Institut für Sport- und Bewegungsmedizin e.V. (ISB e.V.) Förderverein at the Institute for Exercise Science at the University of Hamburg offers a comprehensive range of medical, medical and sports science services in the field of diagnostics, training and exercise therapy.
- Prof. Dr. Nale Lehmann-Willenbrock was appointed to the scientific advisory board of the Lower Saxony Police Academy.
- Since 2010, Prof. Dr. med. Rüdiger Reer (Department of Sports and Exercise Medicine) has been Secretary General of the German Sports Medicine Association (German Society for Sports Medicine and Prevention, DGSP), the largest scientific society in the field of sports medicine in Europe.
- Since 2018 Prof. Dr. med. Rüdiger Reer (Department of Sports and Exercise Medicine) has been appointed Chairman of the Scientific Advisory Board of the Institute for Preventive Medicine of the German Armed Forces.